First thing this week, with a bit of help, we lifted the awning onto a very frosty roof. It sits neatly in the brackets OK but we haven’t yet rolled it out. Full marks to Stefan @ NoVa Lesiure who took the bracket handing issues on the chin.
The weather this week has hardly been conducive to working outdoors but it had to be done. We started on the insulation, one layer of 6mm Dodo mat, second layer of 12mm Dodo mat and polyester wadding everywhere else. We are about halfway through with Sue’s more delicate hands with the 6mm reaching the parts I can’t to get to. I followed with the 12mm and polyester wadding. We had a struggle insulating over the cab. The roof lining simply would not come out because of some weird plastic fixing so we had to be a bit clever.
I fitted the first of the new B pillar trims. They look neat and cover the whole pillar. I did try insulating underneath but that gave me problems with the seat belts so I did without.